Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

The Fam and the Apple Pie!
Today is my birthday! All told, it was a rather quiet one, but still wonderful. BJ took our little alarm clock when he woke up bright and early, so that I could sleep in. Hurray for that! While I slept, Daddy and Baby made me a lovely breakfast of cheesy scrambled eggs. Mmm!

McKay has been very sick and had to stay home from church, so BJ went to sacrament meeting while I got ready then I went to Primary while he took care of McKay. The Primary children sang happy birthday to me, as did the ward choir (thanks, guys) and my wonderful Visiting Teachee and Visiting Teacher both gave me gifts. So thoughtful. :)

When I got home, BJ had made a delicious dinner of steak, mashed potatos, and salad. Way to go honey! As far as gifts, BJ was so sweet and got me some fun movies and a flip video recorder!!!! I about died, I was so excited! I have wanted this for a long time but it is a real splurge, so I'm really grateful!

To top off the great day, my good friend Sarah Lassen brought over an apple pie which is tradition in my family. It was delicious...check it out!

Yum yum yum! Thanks everyone for the phone calls and well wishes. Love you all!

5 comments:

Sierra said...

I had no idea that today was your birthday, but I did call so that counts right? Happy Birthday!

The Johnson's said...

Happy Birthday!

Christy said...

Happy birthday to you!

Ben said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

Sarah said...

Happy belated birthday! Will bring your gift in a couple weeks:) Love and hugs!