Monday, October 18, 2010

Clutter

I have a plan. When I build a house I will cover the ceiling in shelves. Yes, circling the ceiling fan and covering the perimeter of each room there will be shelves. Shelves for books, shelves for duplos, shelves for race cars, and blocks, and army guys, and stuffed animals. Shelves for shoes, shelves for trucks, shelves for figurines, and micro machines, and very high shelves for the loud musical toys.

Then, based on good behavior, my children will earn ladders with which they can climb up and retrieve their toys...one at a time.

Mark my words, such houses will become the norm. No mother would think of building a home without ceiling to ceiling shelving because she could then walk peacefully from room to room, free of stubbed toes and twisted ankles. No more piles to skirt, dodge, or jump over. Just clean, quiet, orderly living. *sigh*

Ah well, you'll have to excuse me while I go straighten up.

2 comments:

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Kyla said...

Just wait....it doesn't get better. At least until they move out of the house!