Friday, March 18, 2011

Jack and the Beanstalk (McKay Style)

Me: Once upon a time there was a boy named...
McKay: Jack!
Me: Where did he live?
McKay: In his house with his mom.
Me: What was his house called?
McKay: It was a small house called a Cottage.
Me: Did they have any food?
McKay: No... they had to go to the grocery store and get some chicken and make it into a swushee (slushy). Then they made it to seeyul (cereal) and ate it all up.

*Skip a bit*

Me: Then the great big man giant said...
McKay: Fee Fi Fo Fum. I smell the bottom of an Engwish man.

The most difficult thing is keeping a straight face through it all (I admit I let a laugh or two every once in a while).

I love that little guy.

2 comments:

Vermont 6 said...

I love that little guy too!! And I love to tell that story to him - I think it is time for a little Nanna time - don't you!

Luke and Kate Darby said...

I thought of another book I really like, it is Brightly Woven By Alexandra Bracken.