Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Boo!

My Darling Benson Boo,

One year ago today you were born. And I shouted for joy. "That was amazing", I just kept shouting, over and over again. And it was.

When I held you for the first time, your birth-cries quieted, and you stared into my eyes. "Hello my darling" was all I could say and kissed your soft, new cheeks. Joy: intense, both familiar and new, wrapped around me as I held you.

Joy has been a year now. A year of meeting. You've introduced yourself. It has been my pleasure. So much like your daddy; it makes me smile. Cheerful and calm, quick to smile, brave and curious, independent and oh so loving. Happy to learn and explore but always ready to cuddle. And eat. Anything.

A mother once before, I wasn't certain I could love again. My greatest comfort was to discover you. Wrapped in sweetness. Filling me with joy. Absolutely the same and totally different.

I love you my little darling.

Love,

Mommy

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful. I love this. I forgot Benson's birthday was right before Eli's. Happy Birthday cute boy! We miss you guys. :( I hope we can talk soon!

Bonnie said...

Aw, what a sweet letter. Happy Birthday!

Vermont 6 said...

He really is the sweetest boy - and you are such a sweet mom to him - I love you both and wish we were there to celebrate his birthday with him - I hope he likes his presents - give him and big hug and kiss for us!!! Can't wait until you come home! :)