Friday, April 5, 2013

Muffins

Yesterday afternoon McKay was bored so in a moment of desperation I pulled out a recipe and suggested we make muffins. He eagerly agreed. The recipe was one I'd found in a magazine. It called for healthy stuff including grated carrots, apples, and wheat flour. I told McKay they were surprise muffins. We measured and mixed and put them in to bake. They came out smelling yummy and we all anxiously waited for them to cool. Once they were cool enough *read* stone cold, (the boys won't eat anything unless it is cold) McKay took the biggest muffin and bit into it. The look on his face was somewhere between disgust and horror. I actually laughed out loud he looked so distressed. He slammed the muffin down on the counter, ran to the garbage and spit it out and said, Gross! I didn't know they were going to be slumpy muffins!

No comments: