Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lily speaks!

For all of her personality, and she has loads, Little Lil' doesn't actually say too much. But we always know exactly what she wants and usually what she thinks too. She is an expert at the emphatic nod, the point, and the "eh, eh, eh" until you guess what she's after.

However, lately she's started to say a few cute little things like:
-"Day" for McKay (and she lights up any time she calls his name and he answers her)
-"Nanny" for Nana
-"Baba" for Papa
-"Moooooooo!!" anytime she sees a cow, horse, or other large animal
-"Mow" for Cat (trying to say "Meow")
-"Bubbles!"
-"Daddeee" 
-"Mom!" (She usually speaks with an exclamation point)
-"Duce" for Juice
-"My" for Mine
-"Ee" for Me
-"Mo" for More

Also, it should be noted that long before Lily began to talk she was singing. I've been doing a little music time with the kids in the mornings and teaching the kids solfeg. I taught them "do" first and ever since Lily has been doing the "do" hand sign while singing "do" in octaves. It's adorable and makes me so happy that I finally have a child who seems very interested in music!


2 comments:

Vermont 6 said...

Oh my goodness, she is the cutest little thing - she totally has me wrapped around her adorable finger! :)

Unknown said...

Cute little teensy pigtail braids!