Saturday, November 8, 2014

Parrot


Little Nee-Nee is going through that funny stage of repeating everything we say. This is always adorable but sometimes gets us into some trouble. Like, for example, the other day when I said casually, "Oh, I left my papers in the other room, dang it." And behind me I heard a high little voice repeat, "Dain it!" 

Oops! 

A few nights ago I was getting Lily ready for bed. We got her all changed into her diaper and footie pjs, then I went to go get her bottle and tooth brush. When I returned she had completely striped and was standing there shivering. She then grabbed her blanket and tried to wrap herself in it but couldn't get the blanket to go around her correctly. She tried a few times unsuccessfully and got mad. She started slamming her blanket on the floor and said, in rhythm to the blanket-slamming: "So, fuss-waited!!" 

I burst out laughing as I realized she was copying all the times I've said to her, "Oh, are you so frustrated?" It's so funny to hear big words coming out of her tiny little mouth. We sure love our little Nee-Nee! 

No comments: