Saturday, September 20, 2008

Welcome to Kentucky

BJ and I have what we fondly call "welcome to Kentucky" moments. These are moments that shout "we're not in Utah anymore". For example, Kentuckians love their dogs. I'm not talking about cute little cuddly dogs. These are short-haired, skinny, heeler, run-around-on-the-farm type dogs. Well, yesterday we were in the car and, while waiting at a stop light, we saw an old pick-up truck. Inside was a man in a t-shirt with his burly arm hanging out the window. What else was hanging out the window? His dog. Yep, his big ugly mixed breed dog, with his head AND front paws hanging out the front window, tongue lolling off to one side, alongside the driver. It was hard to tell who was driving in the car, the man or the dog.

Welcome to Kentucky.

1 comment:

Shauntel said...

I totally hear you. We have "North Carolina" moments ALL the time. And nothing says NC better than a big, heaping, (foul smelling), plate of BBQ pork. I suppose I'm not a fan of the vinegar-based BBQ. Ick. I'm like, "Oh, excuse me...could I get a side of CAFE RIO with this?"

:)

Love that you're blogging. And love that little baby. He's adorable.