Monday, September 14, 2009

Mommy Quotes

There are certain things you never anticipate saying--in your whole life. Things that seem so obvious or so ridiculous that you would never need to say them.

Enter children. All of a sudden you find yourself saying all of those things...and more.

These "Mommy Quotes" seem to be finding their way into my daily vocabulary more and more. Today was a banner Mommy Quote day. Check out today's quotable quotes:

"Sippies don't belong in the dryer."

"You may lay on the floor and scream all you want but please don't hit yourself in the head with measuring cups."

"We don't bite the couch."

"We don't play splish-splash in the toilet."

"We don't bite our friends."

"Tampons are not toys."

I'd love to hear your best Mommy Quotes (especially you, Sam). :)

10 comments:

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

I just started laughing out loud and choked on my cereal when I read, "we don't bite the couch". hahahahaha Thanks for this--i needed it!

Sarah said...

My personal favorite..."we don't eat snacks when sitting on the toilet."

Sarah said...

oh wait...my other favorite..."Jesus is not a spaceman." do you have any idea how hard it was NOT to laugh for that one?

Vickie Kreider said...

You are a real comic! Love the funny mom quotes! How much fun is he now? just cracks me up. Love the videos, too! Thanks for blogging, I know it takes time but it's worth it , to us! v-aunt

Sierra said...

Oh I'm so looking forward to Thursday.... jk

Ashley said...

"Stop yelling 'toot'" --while eating lunch at costco.

WhiteEyebrows said...

I think for Dads, it's more about the stupid jokes that only a dad can tell and find funny... jokes like: (every time you pass a gated cemetery) "you know, people are just dying to get in there"

Loretta Valenta said...

LOL! My favorite is when waiting for traffic I was getting impatient. Jacob said, "Mom, patience is a virtue." I glared at him and said, "*I* am not a virtous woman!!!!" BWHAHHAHHAHA! :O

Brittany said...

Add also, "Alan, let me move that farm out from under your feet" and "we don't put movies in the trash can." Haha :o)

AMIT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.