Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bed?

Yes, that's where I should be, actually that's where I am yet, I just have to say a couple of things before I drift off into blissful unconsciousness:

1. American Idol Hollywood week...LAME! Tonight's episode was particularly boring! Ryan just kept rattling on and on about the nerves in each of the rooms. No clips of actual singing (What, this is a singing show?) just the "drama" of 70+ people sitting in 3 rooms looking frightened. BJ and i finally found the remedy...play the show on high speed. Works great and it turns out half the singers actually sound better as chipmunks than Idol finalists.

2. Yeah for China! I was so happy for Shang and Zao and Ping and Pong (or whoever they are). After 18 years, what a success. But wait, mixed with my joy for them is this nagging bitterness toward the Chinese. Does anyone else remember, oh two years ago in gymnastics competition in Beijing? Remember the 8-year-olds the Chinese were trying to pass off as 16 year olds? Yeah, well I do and it still makes me mad. I feel like with the Chinese it's glory at all costs. Forget honor or honesty. At least in the Olympics. Still, I'm happy for the couple whose life has been dedicated to the sport and whose work finally paid off big time!

3 comments:

Sara K. said...

Yeah I cannot believe they dragged that episode of American Idol on for 2 hours. It was so boring I was seriously actually falling asleep.

Bryson Mortensen said...

Our remedy was to switch back and forth between the olympic games and American Idol (men's short program tonight...all of the stereotypes about male ice skaters were strengthened....)

Anonymous said...

you can find hope here
my running shoes
book
I am happy
code is here