Friday, April 16, 2010

Town Mouse

Hey everyone!

So, we're down to only 10 days (or less) before we have another baby! I can't believe it! Neither can I believe that McKay is 22 months old (that's scarily close to two years...). Anyway, I will make this short and sweet.

McKay has a nightly routine of making either Rachel or I read him books and sing him songs when we put him to sleep. So, the other day, Rachel noticed that he began to sing some of the words of "I am a Child of God" as she sang. Prompted by this, I began to leave out words in some of the books we read to him at night to see if he could fill in the blanks... I was astounded at how much he could repeat back. Check this clip out... it's kind of long, but it's cute. Note that some of the words he says, I have never had him say before.

11 comments:

Vermont 6 said...

Ah, I can't wait til next week to see him and read to him!!! That was worth the wait - I love you all and am excited to see you and to meet the newest Cox baby - soon!!!

Sarah said...

McKay is so cute!!! I'm jealous of your mom coming next week! (But very glad it's her and not me and Eli, because she'll be MUCH more helpful with your new guy). I love how articulate he was with some of the words. Hhhuge! So cute. And good luck in the next 10 days! We can't wait for the good news! We love you guys!

Jarom, Kristen, Jerry, and Ruby said...

That was so cute. McKay is such a smart and cute little boy.

WhiteEyebrows said...

Awww... it seems like just yesterday (in blog time) you guys had McKay. *sigh* Good luck with #2!

Becky said...

He's a child prodigy!! I love how he said "hedge" and "beeeeaasst" :) That's my nephew. Mine :)

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

Oh my goodness Rachel! That was too cute! I loved it! He is so smart!

Alisa and Crowells said...

That's incredible!! It's true they listen a lot more than we give them credit for!
We're excited for little brother to come!!

John and Erin said...

So cute! Good luck with the new little one!

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

Isn't it amazing what reading to your kids can do?

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

OH MY GOSH
I am beyond impressed
That is one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

Joshwa said...

That was great. Thanks for sharing that. I'm excited to come see you guys. My three favorite parts of that little clip were when McKay closed his eyes and looked as though he was about to sneeze (Rachel giggled a bit), when McKay looked up at Beej in jaw-dropped amazement, and when he got really quiet to whisper that it was dark.