Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Benson James Cox

So, to start off, here's the pregnant picture of Rachel (she would never let me take one before the hospital)


He's Here! Benson James Cox was born at 5:00pm on Monday, April 26, 2010. So here's how everything went...

We came to the hospital at 10pm on Sunday night, but apparently there was a miscommunication somewhere in the hospital and they weren't expecting us until Monday night. Fortunately, they called the doctor and confirmed that we were there at the right time and they let us in. They got things started with the induction around 11:30, and we were on our way. When the anesthesiologist gave the epidural, he had a bit of trouble because Rachel is so small. Apparently, he went into the dura (the tough material around the spinal cord) when he was supposed to go around it (epi = near/on top of), so he had to do it twice. Fortunately, the second one took pretty well for a while. Toward the end, the epidural began to wear off and Rachel felt just about everything the last hour or so. The good news is that she only pushed for about 15 minutes before Benson came out, whereas she had to push two and a half hours with McKay.

Now to the part that everyone really cares about...

Benson is a beautiful healthy baby boy. He weighed in at 7lbs 5oz, and measured 20 inches. Here are some pics.









17 comments:

Becca said...

CONGRATS!!! Such gorgeous pictures!! :)

WhiteEyebrows said...

Are we calling him BJ JR?

The Johnson's said...

Congrats guys! Cute name too! I hope all is well and recovery goes smoothly. Get rest Rachel, cuz when everyone is gone and BJ is in school, rest doesn't come too often. If u need anything, let us know!

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

Rachel- you look great!
Benson- you are adorable!

Now I can't wait to see you both!

Lora said...

Congrats!! He is so cute, but the best part of the post is seeing McKay holding his baby brother. He is so excited. I love those bright eyes and big grin. What can I do for you guys?

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness he is gorgeous!!! I'm so glad you finally decided on a name :) and I love the name! So cute. And those pictures of McKay and Benson. Ahh! So adorable. You shouldn't put up pictures like that, because it gets me thinking about having another one. Haha. You guys look amazing and we can't wait to meet Benson this summer! Love you!

Bonnie said...

He is so cute! Congrats! And Rachel, it is simply disgusting how good you look in those pictures.

Benson is the exact same size both of my boys were. He must be a good one! :) Enjoy!

Mamadoo said...

Such a family resemblance! He certainly looks like he belongs. Grandma looks especially happy. Glad you could be there, Theresa.
Congratulations to all of you. Hugs and kisses.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! Glad labor went better than last time! We pushed 4 hours with our little McKay! I hope we get lucky with our next one!

Cute baby and mommy!

The Webbs

Kyla said...

CONGRATS! We are so glad he is here safe and sound. His facial expressions are already exactly like McKay's! So cute! Love you guys - can't wait to meet Benson!

Sarah said...

Congwaduwations "baby" McKay! you're a big bruder now! you can do anything baby mckay, because you growed and growed and growed until you became a big brudder just like me! Baby McKay, I luz (love) you! I will send you a lunch box. And a letter movie.
Love Garner

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

Oh my goodness Rachel! He is so cute! And you, of course, look so good! I love the pix of McKay holding Benson! Can't wait to see this bundle of joy in person! Seriously if you all need ANYTHING let me know!

Sara K. said...

That picture of Mckay holding Benson is ridiculously tender. Yay for babies. I suppose I need to get one of those eventually...

Sierra said...

Yay! Benson is so cute! I love the name by the way. And I am so happy McKay got to go to the hospital, you will have to let me know how you pulled that one off!

Shauntel said...

Congratulations! He is so precious and perfect. And I love how excited McKay looks in those pictures.

Beautiful boys you have. :)

Congratulations little Cox family!

Brittany and Daniel said...

Congradulations!!! I am so happy everything went well and Benson is a heathy baby boy. Enjoy having 2, its alittle different. I have 3 more months to go then we can welcome our little man too.

Brittany said...

I'm pretty sure the pictures of McKay holding Benson could be the cutest thing I have ever seen. Now that there are two cuties you really must get them onto commercials or something.