Thursday, May 27, 2010

At the Park

My beautiful sister, Becky is here being our nanny for a month. Thank goodness! Having two little ones is tough but with Bex here to help, it's been a lot easier and a lot more fun!

Yesterday we went to the park for play group and to celebrate our friend Trisha's birthday. We had lots of fun hanging out and watching the kiddos play. Boy, summer sure is nice!


And here's Aunt Becky with both boys. Like I said, she as been an amazing help. Having her around has made this big transition in our family so much easier. Today while she and I were watching a movie during the boys' naptime, I realized that history was repeating itself. I have vague memories of my mom and her sister hanging out together when I was a little kid. They would let us play while they watched movies together, just like Bex and I were doing. My mom always said it was so wonderful to live by her sister and be able to raise their kids together. I remember how happy we were as kids to be able to live close to our cousins and play with them all the time. As I spend time with my sister and we raise kids together (well, she helps me raise my kids anyway) I realize how wonderful it would be to have her close by all the time. Life is more fun with her around. :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Vermont 6 said...

awww - I wanna come too!!! I miss you all! Vickie and I did have so much fun while you kids were bonding - I miss her so much too!! Oh, why do miles have to separate us all! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.....July is just around the corner and we will all be together then! Yea!!!!

Lora said...

I saw your cute little family at Conference and I knew instantly that the girl with BJ was your sister. Spitting image. I'm so glad you are having a great time with her and your cute little guys.

Riss said...

Yay Aunt Becky! I wouldn't mind raising kids with her either. :)

Sandefur said...

So fun to see these photos and follow your beautiful and growing family. Miss you all!