Friday, December 3, 2010

Dailies

We are in the process of potty training with McKay. We've decided to take a more casual approach. We talk about going potty, we have a little potty, we have pull-ups and cool underwear AND we have the potty man. He is a little jar with a face on it that holds "potty man treats". When McKay uses the potty, he gets to choose a treat from the potty man--a big highlight. Well, in the last few days he's turned a corner and is suddenly using the potty so often that we ran out of potty man treats. Grandma Cox is here and part of her errands the other day was to bring home some new treats. Among other things, she brought home a bag of gummy worms which McKay has never seen before. When I told him the potty man had gummy worms he excitedly said, "I go potty and I get some gummy beans". Yum.

This week BJ and I have been in dress rehearsals and performances of a rather spectacular version of the Messiah, with the Lexington Philharmonic and some internationally renowned soloists. Anyway, the pressure was on, so I spent some time really getting dressed up, complete with a real hair-do and make-up. I walked out into the family room where McKay was sitting after getting ready and he looked at me and said, "Mommy, you're an angel". He got a big hug for that one.

McKay has a cold, again. He gets really frustrated with colds now because he doesn't like to have a runny nose. It really bothers him and he's constantly saying, "I need a tissue to wipe my nose." This morning at 5:00 AM he came creeping into our bedroom. He went right up next to BJ's face, held out a small square of tissue about the size of a dime and whispered rather pitifully, "Please you wipe my nose?"

Little Benson Boo is about the sweetest thing ever. He now sits up by himself and loves to play with toys. He'll sit contentedly for long stretches just handling the toys within his reach. Today we were at the children's museum and I sat him in front of a big mirror. He just started giggling at himself. He laughed and laughed like he had just found his best friend. He is an absolute delight.

2 comments:

Vermont 6 said...

Oh, what a great post! I love the little fun details of your life - thanks for sharing - I love those two little boys - can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!! Love you!

Mamadoo said...

I love your posts, too. And we've got to find a way, if even for an hour, to see you when you come home.