Saturday, October 26, 2013

A compliment

This morning BJ's dental office entered a float into the Dixie State University Homecoming Parade. We've entered a few parades before and always have a great time. This was the first parade that the boys participated in. Usually they find a nice spot along the parade route with Nana and Papa to take full advantage of the candy-collecting. However, this time encouraged them to join us in the parade.

After getting them ready this morning I went into the bathroom to get myself ready. Knowing we were going to be riding on the float, I curled my hair a little more than usual. I also put on a bit more make-up, specifically I put on a little more eyeliner than usual.

When I walked out of the bathroom to head the kids to the car McKay looked at me and did a double-take. Then he said, "Mom, you look different than your usual self."

I asked, "What do you mean, McKay?" Thinking maybe he was trying to tell me I looked nice today.

He replied, "You look different...kind of like a witch."

"What?!" I said, rather horrified.

Once he realized he had made me feel bad he quickly backpedaled, "What I mean is that you look really pretty today, Mom."

I felt like a million bucks heading to the parade, let me tell you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I meant to comment on this one. A) Hilarious! B) It's also kinda cool that McKay is that aware to realize that you considered is first comment offensive and that he tried to amend it. :)

ManiacalPhysicist said...

Yeah, he's a sharp kid - already learning how do dig himself out of a difficult situation ;)