Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sunday Talks

Not exactly sure why every time I pull out my camera the boys do their best pirate faces?!? I promise they look a little more normal most of the time.

Anyway, last Sunday was an eventful one for the boys. McKay gave his first talk in this Primary and he did a great job! He helped me write it and then spoke confidently into the microphone the entire time. He even held up the pictures (with the picture sides facing himself)--but at least he tried.

This was his talk:
"Heavenly Father sent me to earth to learn and grow. He wants me to return to live with Him. But, He knew that I would make some mistakes. I try to choose the right but sometimes I forget. Sometimes I forget to be nice or to obey my mom and dad. Jesus volunteered to come to earth and suffer for me and you and everyone so that we can live with Heavenly Father again. I love Heavenly Father and Jesus."

It was a very sweet little talk. He held up a picture of himself and a picture of Jesus. The topic was on how the atonement of Christ makes it possible to live with Heavenly Father again. Deep doctrine for a five-year-old but it gave us a good chance to talk about that with him and he seemed to understand pretty well.

Benson also participated in Primary. Though more spontaneous that McKay, Benson's comments were no less memorable. 

I was told this after Primary by a few different teachers who all thought it was pretty funny. Apparently Benson was chosen to participate by finding a paper fish with a question on it. 
The question was, "When do you remember Jesus?" 
Benson proudly replied, "I remember Jesus on Sunday and Monday."
 His teacher prompted, "Yes, we can remember Jesus everyday, right?"
Benson said, matter-of-factly, "No, I just remember Jesus on Sunday and Monday." 

Guess we still have a little work to do there...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those boys are so cute, even with their crazy faces (and those sweaters are adorable). Your boys make me excited to have a little boy.