Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday!?!


This is a picture from yesterday (Saturday) but the looks on their faces match the stories below.

This morning BJ and I were getting ready for church. McKay woke up and came downstairs. He said groggily, "Is today Sunday?" 
"Yes", I replied.
"Is it a church day or a General Conference day?" He asked.
"It's a church day!" I said enthusiastically.
McKay looked at me for a moment then said, "Nope, not goin'!", turned on is heal and left the bathroom.
A minute later he reentered and whined, "Mom, I don't want to go to church!" 
I began yet another speech on why we go to church and how important it is to Heavenly Father. After a few sentences he looked as me and said in exasperation, "But Mom, I've been going to church for YEARS!"

We went anyway.

After church my sister-in-law, Kyla, asked Benson during family dinner, "So Benson, what's your favorite part of church?"
He immediately shouted out, "LEAVING!...And the treats they give you for after church."


No comments: