Sunday, April 9, 2017

McKay's Prayer

On Saturday night BJ, Dad, and I had our final concert of the season for St George Chamber Singers. It went really well, I think our best yet!

The boys are finally getting old enough to attend events like this, so we gave them the choice of staying home with a babysitter or coming to the concert with Nana. They chose to attend and afterward we all went and got frozen yogurt together. It was so much fun to spend the time together! I could see them from the stage while we were singing and I was so pleased to see them sitting very quietly!

After all the fun we headed back home and got ready for bed. McKay offered the family prayer and in it he thanked Heavenly Father for Mom and her "beautiful voice". For a kid who spent his early years covering his ears and shouting, "Stop practicing!!" every time I began to even hum, this was a HUGE deal! I was so touched! Perhaps there's hope of him liking music after all!

In the same prayer he also thanked Heavenly Father for Dad because he "always helps us with things like homework and spelling". I could see BJ's face light up and, I think, a tear come to his eye. He loves his boys so much. I think he felt so happy to hear McKay recognize the love and support given so often.

Also, I have to say, Kate is the CUTEST thing ever! She still hardly talks but is absolutely charming! She loves to walk and does this cute little strut where she swings her arms really big as her tiny legs walk along. It's adorable! She loves to jump on the trampoline here at grandma's house and bounces really high! She also loves to name the people she loves. At least twice a day she goes through her list: Papa, Nana, Daddy, EE-ee (Lily), and Bama (Grandma Cox).

1 comment:

Vermont 6 said...

Awe, so sweet to hear the little details of behind the scenes at the Cox home, we love hearing all of these little details!!! Love you guys!