Sunday, August 13, 2017

Kate Speaks!

If she'd been my first or second child, I would have been worried but since she's the fourth, the fact that she hadn't spoken up by 2.5 yrs wasn't really troubling me. I knew she'd get there when she was ready...or when she could get a word in edgewise.

Sure enough, over the last few weeks she has started speaking! She loves to repeat everything which delights the boys to no end. They have her parroting all sorts of things such as "McKay is awesome!", "Dab hard" and "Brother rocks!"

My favorites include:
Swimming Soup (swimming suit)
Wah-wee (water)
Ee-ee (Lily)
Suggle (snuggle, which to my great joy, she wants to do every morning when she wakes up. Cutest. Thing. EVER)
Noak (milk)
Uv oo (love you)
Tow (cow)
Peek (pig)
Tat (cat)
Doss Ew (always said together- ew gross)
Shew fly, no bother!

Having multiple children has helped me realize that the time is so fleeting! I think I enjoy each child more now and worry less because I realize it will pass too quickly.

I feel so grateful every single day for these children the Lord has blessed BJ and I with. I would do anything for each one. I love them so!

No comments: