Wednesday, October 29, 2008

...You're It

Well, I guess I've been tagged (thanks, Sarah) so here it is:

8 T.V. Shows that I love to watch:

Umm...I'm going to have to go with 8 T.V. shows I have loved to watch throughout my life because I can't think of more than two that I watch regularly. So...

1. Oprah
2. Rachael Ray
3. Martha Stewart (I'm laughing as I type this list. They're all women!)
4. The Office (When it's clean it is so funny!)
5. Everybody Loves Rammond (Always makes me laugh out loud)
6. Full House (comfort T.V.)
7. The Today Show (Minus Cathy Lee and Hoda who are incredibly obnoxious)
8. What Not to Wear (Let's be honest, who isn't entertained by watching people spending $5000.00 in 2 days?)
*I also love The Cosby Show*

8 Favorite Restaurants (Yum!):

1. Macaroni Grill
2. Olive Garden
3. P.F. Chang's
4. Mimi's Cafe
5. Cafe Rio (which we are sorely missing here in Kentucky)
6. Simon Pierce
7. Outback Steak House
8. Red Lobster

8 Things Happening This Week:

1. Taking McKay Trick-or-Treating (I can't wait)
2. Throwing our annual Halloween party (or, as Becky suggested, our annual Halloween "extravaganza")
3. Having the Missionaries over for Chinese food
4. Rehearsing the Messiah
5. Visiting Teaching (The month isn't over yet!!!)
6. Conference group
7. Play date with Lindsay (not that our children are actually old enough to play together)
8. Dressing up as...you'll have to check our blog after Halloween to find out!

--more tag answers to come when McKay naps!

2 comments:

Shauntel said...

So I feel your pain - the no Cafe Rio syndrome. Just tonight I was whining about it, in fact. But here's a recipe that will sooth your soul. It's not the same, but oh so close. A few things:

1. This recipe feeds an army.
2. Luckily, this recipe makes yummy leftovers.
3. It's meant to be like a burrito filling - chicken, beans, everything all in one.

Enjoy!

Café Rio Like Burrito

2 10 oz. cans green enchilada sauce (I used mild)
3 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can pinto beans (lightly drained)
1 can black beans (lightly drained)
1 small can corn (drained)
1 15.5 oz. bottle salsa
1 small can chopped green chilies (not drained)

1 1/2 cups minute rice
3 T lime juice
approx. 3-4 T cilantro (I just chop up a bunch and throw it in)

tortillas
salsa, sour cream, guacamole

Put first 7 ingredients in crock pot. Cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours. Remove chicken and shred with fork. Add shredded chicken, Minute rice, lime juice and cilantro. Cook for 10-15 minutes more. Place in flour tortillas; add cheese, sour cream, salsa and guacamole as desired.

singingrae said...

Yum! That sounds delicious! Thanks for checking in on our blog. I love to read yours and think you ought to be writing professionally. Your wit is wonderful on paper.