Sunday, April 5, 2009

General Coference

There's just nothing like it. The General Conference of the LDS Church is one of the highlights of church membership. Each time I view it, whether in the conference center or across the country, I feel like I am home. Though members view the conference the world over, there is a bond between us that strengthens and uplifts me.
The talks this conference were, as usual, exceptional. I loved Elder Holland's insights and tender descriptions of the Savior's atonement. I loved Elder Uchdorf's lessons on discipleship and Elder Oak's comments on service. President Monson spoke with such love and wisdom and bears his prophetic mantel with a quiet dignity that garners my love and respect. The slideshow tribute to him with the Tabernacle Choir singing "We Thank Thee, Oh God, For A Prophet" as beautiful! And, I swear, Elder Snow must have been sitting in the car with BJ and I last night, because his talk today addressed the very concerns I voiced to BJ not 24 hours ago.
Anyway, I have felt the peace of the Spirit resting in our home and in my heart all day as a result of the messages and music that we enjoyed through conference today. I'm so very grateful to live during this time when the voices of the Lord's servants can fill my home.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It really was a wonderful conference. I felt very uplifted and grateful that we have such amazing leaders that speak to us for 8-10 hours every 6 months! The gospel really is the good news. :)

Sierra said...

I loved Elder Holland's talk too. And the one that did the "virtual tour" of your home. I don't remember who's talk it was I really liked it. We went to the Movie Tavern in Lexington for the all you can eat pancakes and movie. Blaine and I will be out of town this Saturday but we should totally do it next weekend together! Let me know.. :)

Sarah said...

Amen Sister! Isn't it amazing how everyone gets just what they need from conference? I felt like everyone was speaking just for me.