Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Scolding

McKay loves to give kisses. However, sometimes he gets a little confused about what exactly he is doing with his mouth and ends up biting instead. We are working with him on this little habit, telling him, "no, no, no" whenever he bites.

Today he climbed up on my lap and was giving me lots of kisses when things got a little out of hand and he bit me. Before I could open my mouth to scold him, he looked at me, started wagging his finger back and forth and said, "no, no, no, no".

I was rather speechless (and trying very very hard not to burst out in fits of laughter). What do you say when your child scolds himself???

7 comments:

Jeff said...

stick to laughing out loud, very loud, so he can know that life is life!

Bonnie said...

Michael went through a phase where he would put himself in time-out. You didn't even have to say anything to him - if you gave him just the right look he would run upstairs to his bedroom and shut the door. That was when he was McKay's age - maybe it's some sort of developmental milestone - "disciplines self". :)

Sarah said...

Haha! That is hilarious. I don't know what I'm going to do when things like that happen. It's so hard not to laugh!

Loretta Valenta said...

BWHAHAHAHA! That is too funny! He must have looked soooo cute doing that! I probably would have laughed out loud! :D

Becca said...

that is soo adorable!

my sister caught my [then 2 year-old] nephew standing in front of her shoes one day talking to himself.
"don't touch mommy's shoes... get in big trouble. don't touch mommy's shoes..." :) so funny!

Becky said...

nonononononononono
I love his little stream of no's. :)

Ashley said...

I love it!