Sunday, August 9, 2009

Seven Years and Counting

Today BJ and I are celebrating our seven-year anniversary! Yesterday I said, "BJ, I can't believe we've been married for seven years. It seems like it has gone by so quickly!" To which he responded, "I know, it seems like it has flown by, except, I can't really remember life before marriage".

Yep, it's been seven years of brain-washing.

Honestly, I can't believe how quickly it has gone by, until I think of all the fun we've had together, all the challenges we've faced together, and all the ways we've grown together over these years. These seven years have been a wonderful journey and there isn't anyone I'd rather have shared them with.

BJ has been an incredible friend and support. I love him for so many reasons but, as time goes on, I realize that it is his ability to love unconditionally has been one of his greatest gifts to me. He never complains or criticizes or really thinks of himself. Instead he believes in me, loves me, and encourages me--he gives me wings. What a selfless gift!

Just for fun, here are a few of my favorite moments from the past 7 years. Happy Anniversary Honey! (Above: In front of the Pantheon in Rome)


With Mickey on our Mediterranean Disney Cruise with BJ's family.
One of my favorites from our wedding day.
One of my not-so-favorite but definitely memorable moments--holding a python in South Africa.
On the last evening of our Honeymoon in Maui.

South Africa with BYU Singers.
Atop Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa. Yes, those are clouds behind us.

9 comments:

Ben said...

Congratulation, guys! Happy Anniversary.

Vermont 6 said...

Wow - seven years of happy memories - I love all of the pictures of you two together - Dad and i always knew that you would be happy together - we are so glad that you are in our family - both of you - we love you so much! And thank you for adding your sweet little McKay our lives will always be richer for having the three of you as a part of them - we are soooooo LUCKY!! Love you guys! Mom!

Bonnie said...

Happy Anniversary! Fun pictures!

WhiteEyebrows said...

Wow.. Seven years really flew by! Just for the record, I was there when you kissed for the first time... ok... so maybe it was a stage kiss.. but look where it led you... :)

You guys have always been great friends! Here's to another 7 years!

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

Congrats! Looks like you've had a lot of fun in just those 7 yrs. Imagine how much more fun you're going to have in years to come!! Happy Anniversary!

Sarah said...

Yea! Happy Anniversary! We sure love you guys.

Becky said...

Holy 7!!! I was thinking you were only on 5 or something :) Congratulations and hooray for the last year bringing McKay :)

Tyler and JoAnna Hamilton said...

Congratulations, Guys!

Loretta Valenta said...

Happy Anniversary to you! Loved the pictures! :D