Friday, January 6, 2012

31

Happy Birthday, BJ! In honor of your 31st birthday, I wanted to share with you 31 of the MANY reasons you are loved, admired, and appreciated. You are so special to me, to our boys, and to all of your family and friends. Here's why:

1. Your favorite place to be is home.

2. You teach our boys to pray and to read the scriptures.

3. You never speak ill of anyone, or even think ill of anyone...except bad drivers :).

4. You always wake up in a cheerful mood.

5. You change dirty diapers without a single complaint.

6. You have never criticized me about anything, ever.

7. You love to serve in Nursery.

8. You sing beautifully.

9. Angie: "I love how positive BJ always is and that he clearly loves Rachel and the boys."

10. You wrestle with our boys every day, play Legos, and trains, and cars, and anything else they want to play.

11. You love to snuggle.

12. You love to stay up late just as much as I do.

13. Little children love and trust you immediately.

14. You love being a dentist because you get to help people and make them feel at ease.

15. Daniel: "He appreciates good humor".

16. Lety: "I love BJ because of his positive attitude and his constant smile, his willingness to help anybody, especially when a computer breaks down, because he is medio-Uruguayo, and because he accepted me immediately as a part of the family when I moved to the United States."

17. Damon: "What I love about BJ is that his is...well BJ. He hasn't changed over the years, he is still the same happy personality. He is authentic, sincere, and irreplaceable. Who'd a thunk the little blonde kid switched shortly after birth would turn out to be such a good brother. I love his slippery head...just look at all those poor little hair follicles that slipped off the top of his head and slid down to his chin where they are hanging on for dear life. Seriously, I couldn't be any prouder of my little Bro...love you."

18. Josh: "B.J. has been a mentor, guardian, and close friend. In other words, he's my older brother. He used to drive me to and from school when he was in high school. Sometimes I was slow, and he would still drop me off at the middle school for my Jazz band even though it would make him late. Then, after school while he finished his musical rehearsals, he let me use the spare change in his car to buy Reese's Pieces and Nibs from the vending machine while I waited. On some lucky days he would come to pick me up from the middle school and I knew the moment he entered the building because he would be singing some cheery tune. I was proud to have him as my brother. Still am!
He really cares about people. He has periodically checked up on me and will just call to say , "hello", and tell me about the latest electronics gadgets. I have always admired BJ. I admire his fun personality, his glowing confidence, and his humility. He really loves the church and is not just active but proactive. I love to see how he treats his little boys. I have full confidence that their futures are bright because of how good a father they have to raise them.
I don't know exactly how families were organized in premortality, but I'm grateful I got signed up to be in his!"

19. Tasha: "I love that BJ is so selfless. He is always so willing to help however he can. He's so pleasant to be around. He has a cheerful countenance that is contagious. And he has great hair."

20. Trina: "I appreciate and love BJ for his readiness to laugh and to make others laugh and for his acceptance and love for everyone. I love to listen to him sing. It is a beautiful sound and always sincere, genuine, and gentle. He is happy and always ready to help those of us who are technologically challenged. He never laughs at stupid questions. I love Beej!"

21. Mom Robertson: "There are so many reasons why I love BJ! he is kind to everyone, he loves my daughter and my grandsons, he is fun-loving, he is great with computers and is always willing to help anyone in need (this is something I noticed about him way back in high school). He loves us as a Family and is willing to spend time with us even when he would rather be with his own family. We truly love you and are so glad you are a part of our family."

22. Becky: "BJ is special to me because he wasn't born into my family but he is my brother just the same."

23. Kiarah: "Beej is the best big brother. We share tons of fun memories...like the time he spit on my face, or when he introduced me to Mr. Ghosty Ghost:). But seriously, I am so grateful for BJ. I always feel very safe confiding in him. He cares so much and has such a huge heart. He was my number one supporter and had the best advice when I was adjusting from the mission. In his letters home when he was on his mission, he would always write "it's all good" that sums up BJs attitude and it has always had such a positive effect on those around him. He never fails to make me feel so good. I love joking around with Beej and love his sense of humor. Mom always comments gratefully on how Beej will drop anything he's doing to help you. It's so true, he's so willing to help, always. I could not ask for a better big brother."

24. David: "Something I am always impressed with is the way BJ treats others. Especially those he doesn't know very well. They may ask time consuming favors of him yet he doesn't find a way out, but does the favor with a smile on his face. I don't get to talk to him much about serious things, but I got to ask him what his favorite Christmas tradition is this past trip. He said it was providing Christmas to needy families. That just solidifies the evidence that Beej is a one of a kind guy, and I'm very happy to be his brother. :)"

25. Benson: "I love Daddy because he is just like me. We are two peas in a pod. We have the same cheerful disposition, the same sense of humor, and the same loving ways. Daddy is so much fun to play choo choos with. I love my Daddy best of all!"

26. McKay: "Daddy is so special to me. He gives me baths and takes me on walks and makes me waffles. I love to play cars and trains with Dad. Daddy, I love you!"

27. You always look on the bright side.

28. You come home singing.

29. You are always up for a good time.

30. You have always given me wings.

31. I knew I wanted to marry you because I always felt happy in your presence. It was the best decision of my life. You have made every day joyful.

6 comments:

Vermont 6 said...

Reading what everyone else has shared makes me love you even more - they are all sooooo true too. I laughed out loud when Rachel said, he loves to stay up late as much as I do! And I cried, well a fair amount....you really are....the best! Love you! Mom

Sarah said...

Awww! Happy Birthday BJ! Ditto. You have an easy way about you, people immediately feel comfortable around you.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday BJ!!!!! We too think you are amazing. We sure miss you guys and hope we can see you sometime! Hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday. Thank you for being a light in our lives.

Sierra said...

Wow! I am impressed with Benson's vocabulary. "Disposition"? I barely can say that. Happy Birthday BJ!

cc said...

#32...we think you are the best Bro. and uncle ever! Thank you for always being a great example to our family. I watch as you quietly serve and bring love to all that you come in contact with. Never speaking down about anyone or anything! Thanks! We at the Jody household Love you!! Happy Birthday

Angie said...

So sweet! Hope your birthday was great, BJ.