Tuesday, January 24, 2012

More Dailies

This morning McKay woke up and see seemed a little warm to the touch. I asked him if he felt sick and he said no. I said, well come here so I can feel to see if you have a fever. I felt his forehead and as I did he said, "I'm ok Mom. I'm not sick. My eyebrows don't need bandaids."

McKay has a little trouble with constipation. He holds it all in for days until he gets sick and really constipated. Eventually he will have a BM but it will often be hard and painful. We often have to sit next to him in the bathroom, help hold his legs and coach him through it. Yesterday I was in the bathroom and he came in. He sat on his little step stool and said, "Mom, I'll hold your legs for you so you don't fall in. You're doing great Mom. Just a few more pushes Mom." What a helper.

Speaking of BMs, last time he was having one he looked at me and said, "Maybe my next poop will be as big as America." Sure hope not.

Last night we had a friend over for dinner. While we were eating McKay piped up and said, "Dad, could we take a bath this year?" It was a little embarrassing. I promise, we bath him much more regularly than that!

Benson is still pretty quiet but he has taken to leading us around. He regularly comes to find me, grabs my fingers and pulls me through the house until we get to his toys. He then points vigorously toward the ground until I sit. He won't let me touch any of his toys. He just wants an observer. It's pretty cute.



1 comment:

Jarom, Kristen, Jerry, and Ruby said...

That is so funny that McKay was coaching you, Jerry has started holding our shoulders and telling us to push whenever we use the restroom.