Sunday, January 29, 2012

Christmas Morning

What do you mean it's almost February? How did that happen? Guess that's how we roll these days. So much for my New Year's resolution to be an "on-time person".

Anyway, back to Christmas morning. Yes, don't be deceived by the darkness outside, this is indeed very early Christmas morning. McKay is my early riser. In Utah he was often waking up at 4:30 am ! On Christmas Eve he went to bed late but so did all the adults! At around 2:30 am I passed out on the couch and after what seemed like only a minute, I awoke to sounds of the Marble Works set Santa had brought McKay for Christmas!

Our tradition has always been to wake everyone up and all go into the Living room together. Apparently McKay didn't get that memo because when he woke up he just took himself right into the Living room and started exploring.

When I walked into the Living room he was playing with his new toys and he announced to me, "Mom! Santa came and he drank the milk we left and he ate a cookie!" So, he'd also single-handedly checked on Santa's comings and goings. It was so funny!


Once I knew he was awake I got everyone else up, which explains the bleary-eyed pictures that follow. After all it was 6 am.

McKay hosing off Papa with his new firetruck

Merry Christmas, everyone!







Two out of three sets of eyes closed! Hahaha!

Yes, Santa knows how important oral hygiene is!



Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like Cars underwear.

Nice!





Well, at least McKay is having fun!


P.S. Benson, bless his heart, didn't wake up for another 2 hours. After McKay was finished opening his Santa gifts, Papa took one for the team and stayed up with McKay. The rest of us went back to bed for a short winter's nap.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

singingrae said...

Is it just me, or does Dave look like he's about to toss his cookies at any moment?
I feel your pain, Dave!

Christy said...

So what I want to know is...how did you get that fire truck back to Kentucky? :)

Becky said...

We all look so attractive in these photos. We should win some kind of award.