Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Potty Talk

I hate to keep bringing these things up but I guess when I'm surrounded by boys all day, it can't be avoided.

McKay and Benson were playing in the sandbox yesterday morning. One of McKay's particularities is his aversion to being dirty...at all. So, a little sand got on his shirt and off it came. A little sand on his pants, off they went, and before long he was naked. At least the backyard is fenced in stone.

Anyway, after a while the boys came in. I had intended to get McKay dressed right away but got a phone call and forgot for a few minutes. I finished the call and was heading in to the train set where the boys were playing with clothes for him when he came running by, buck-naked, holding himself and shouting, "Oh no! Thomas's driver has to peeeeee!"

Benson is turning into a real ham. He'll do anything for a reaction and absolutely loves to get a laugh. He also has no interest at all in potty training. In fact, I would say he has no idea that he could actually control such things except that every single time he has a diaper change or gets out of the bath, he streaks through the house laughing and, at the first opportunity, will squat down and pee, then look at me and laugh hysterically.

I'm hopeful that someday I'll find it funny too.

No comments: