Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gingerbread Men 2012



Robertson Family Tradition states that we must decorate gingerbread men or it's not really Christmas. So we did. And it was fun, as usual. Exhibit A (above) is David's tribute to Becky. It's a gingerbread teacher with a book in one hand and a pointer in the other. And some sweet hair too!


Exhibit B (above) shows one of Benson's creations. We had toothpicks to help with the fine detail work. Benson decided to use them as spears instead. After all, nothing says "Merry Christmas" like an impaled Christmas tree.


The whole crew (except Mom and I) doin' da dec'ratin


McKay and Benson had a fabulous time. They get more fun each year.


He was the sprinkling machine this year. Everything had to have LOTS of sprinkles. But who could resist that happy face.

Daniel and McKay displaying their versions of each other. Daniel made a gingerbread McKay, complete with the 12 on his shirt. McKay made a gingerbread Daniel, complete with a green face, a handle-bar mustache, and pants that go up to his arm pits. Quite an impressive likeness, really.

Haha! We had a great time. Hooray for family traditions and family around to share them with!

1 comment:

ManiacalPhysicist said...

How did McKay know about my old pants style? I'm sure I don't wear my pants up to my armpits anymore. These days I always make sure that they don't go more than 4 or 5 inches above my belly button.