Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sledding in Pine Valley!

So the beginning of our trip began with McKay screaming that he wanted to go back home for 2/3s of the trip up there. This because he didn't want to wear snow pants... That kid sure has a strong will. Anyway, after some persuasion, I convinced him to come out of the van and play (I let him wear his "Sport Pants" which did a decent job of keeping the moisture out).


This was McKay's first time down the hill on the sled - something I was sure he would never dare to do, but somehow Dave and Trisha talked him into to going down with them... I can't tell if the look on his face is says "This is Awesome!" or "What was I thinking!?" Apparently it was the former because he ended up going down about 4 or 5 times... I was amazed.

This was supposed to be a picture of the sledding team, but McKay thought it would be funner to play on the snow bank (you can see him in the background).

This was pretty darn funny... McKay was playing on the snow bank, lost his footing, and fell head first into the snow. It was straight from a cartoon... hilari...I mean... Poor McKay :)

These next pictures are of Benson being pulled in a makeshift sled-train concocted by Angie... sheer brilliance. We owe it to her that Benson had a good time on this trip. PS - Thanks to Izi for lending Benson her purple boots, mittens and flowery coat.
 
 

After a while, being pulled on the train wasn't enough.. he had to pull the train by himself...

We had a blast and I was so happy that we could spend some time up in the snow - Something that I have very fond memories of when I was young. Now, next time we'll have to whip out the snow mobiles!

PS - A big thanks to Dangie (Dan and Angie) and Trave (Trisha and Dave... I guess we could say Dish or Trivid... but I think Trave rolls off the tongue quite well) for making this snow trip a success!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Vermont 6 said...

Love, love, love this post - thanks for sharing your rather eventful sledding excursion - with kids it's always an adventure, especially with ones like McKay - love it! You are a great dad - keep up the good work! :)

Sarah said...

Oh, i was laughing so hard!