Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Dental School Report Card

So, I just got my grade back from one of my pre-clinical classes. The professor took the "Comments" box very seriously and wrote a small essay about each of his students. I got a kick out of what he wrote, hopefully you will too!

"BJ exudes self-confidence. After blowing away my Star-Chamber (an exam we took at the beginning of the year), he took the first practical and got tripped up scoring 79%. Things looked bleak, then something lit that guy's fuse because he simply skyrocketed after that. He proceeded to trounce the other practicals receiving grades in the 90's. He stands above the crowd. He'll do exceptionally well in the clinical sciences in the years to come. Well motivated, conscientious, and a positive attitude. BJ finishes in the top half of his class."
(Thanks Dr. Gore)

PS - I got an A :)

10 comments:

Lora said...

Way to go Beej!!!

Vermont 6 said...

Awesome - way to trounce the practicals!!! You must be so happy to get such a positive report, yippie!!!

The Hicks of Kentucky said...

Congats! That's awesome!

Sarah said...

Anytime "trounce" is used in a sentence you can count yourself succesful. Awesome BJ!

Becky said...

You show those dentists! :)

Lora said...

So...Funny story...Bryce came home and showed me his paper. It is ALMOST word for word the same as BJ's! What a lame teacher.

Brittany said...

Haha! I'm wondering what sound effects Dr. Gore would be using if he were reading this out loud..

Loretta Valenta said...

YAY for A's!!! Congratulations! Sounds like you are going to be an awesome dentist!

Alexander McIlvaine said...

Dr. Gore is my hero!

Vickie Kreider said...

So cool, you are amazing and I'm not surprised that you would trounce anything! I'll bet you're so happy to have the first year checked off! and with an A, yay! v