Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Visit from Dan

As I have casually mentioned, perhaps a hundred or so times, we love visitors! This past week we had a visit from Uncle Dan! He managed to sneak away from his work at the proton-radiation laboratory in Houston. And, though we don't understand a word about what he actually does there, we were happy to steal him away from his particle accelerator for a few days.
One morning we spent some time at the Keeneland Race Track. It was really neat! Every morning you can go and watch the jockeys and race horses working out. It is a very casual atmosphere--we were the only visitors and were greeted by each jockey as he rode by.
McKay loved watching the horses.

A bit chilly but well worth it!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like so much fun!

Lora said...

What happened to MacKay? He is so BIG! He's a little man! He lost his baby face to fast. Put that boy in the freezer!

WhiteEyebrows said...

When do I get a particle accelerator? Now I know what to ask for this Christmas.

Bonnie said...

LOL. I was thinking "Dan works in a what?" and then you stated your confusion about what he does as well. It sounds very scientific, whatever it is.

Cute pictures!

Sarah said...

Aww, I miss Dan. I miss YOU! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Vermont 6 said...

These are so cute of both of them - such sweet pictures! I am sorry but McKay has to be one of the cutest babies I have ever seen!!! I know, I know, I'm slightly predjudice, but he is!!!

Ashley said...

Oh, that little baby of yours is SOOOO cute. I can't wait for you to come to town! McKay is going to love the main street water park.

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! He's so adorable! I love you guys all so much! It's not even funny.

Sierra said...

That is such a cool idea to go to Keeneland when it isn't busy.