Friday, May 22, 2009

Waveland Museum

While hosting Dan, we visited the Waveland Civil War Museum. It is a beautiful Kentucky mansion that has been around since before the Civil War. They offer tours of the building and grounds and boast a lovely park for kids. McKay made good use of the park, swinging to his heart's content.
Uncle Dan did the pushing and McKay did the swinging.
McKay in the itsy bitsy log cabin. So cute!
On a side note, the winters here in KY are cold and rather dreary but the summer is beautiful. The deep green vistas and lovely foliage give me flashbacks of my childhood in Vermont. Several times in the past few weeks I have rounded a corner or opened a window and had a flood of childhood memories come rushing in. I remember following my dad through the yard as he mowed and raked, playing in the woods with my Kreider cousins and driving the winding, tree-covered back roads of Vermont. It has been a wonderful initiation to summer in Kentucky and has given this area a place in my heart.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Becky said...

I love McKay's little sandals, adorable! And Dan and McKay are so cute together. I don't know what it is about uncles and nephews. Also, I got your family photos today. i put half up at work and half at home. I think I may be your biggest fan :) Oh. P.S. You HAVE to post videos. I know you have them; Dan told me. Don't even pretend you don't!

Unknown said...

That looks like fun! Why didn't we do that? Oh, because we were all happily blabbing so much! Ahhh, those blessed Vermont summers. What a magical place to have grown up! This is Sarah by the way...Jedicube is Josh...

Riss said...

McKay's huge! I guess I haven't seen pictures in a while...

E said...

Hey Rachel!! I just found your blog on JoAnna Hamilton's and Rick and I have loved reading about your cute little family! Your little boy is adorable! I still think it is so funny that you keep popping up on blogs of people I grew up with!! Anyway, we have a blog as well, but it is private. If you want an invitation, you can email me at ericassnow (at) gmail. Take care! Erica Snow