Sunday, February 27, 2011

One, Two, Buckle My...

So, this morning, I was getting McKay into the car, ready to head off to church when I decided to test his ability to rhyme. Our dialogue went something like this:

BJ: One, Two, buckle my...
McKay: Shoe!
(I thought... hmm.. pretty good... let's keep going)
BJ: Three, Four, shut the...
McKay: Car!
(Not exactly what I was hoping for, but pretty good considering he's only 2)
BJ: Five, Six, pick up...
McKay: All of the toys!
(Well, that's about as far as I got because I couldn't keep it together)

Another quick story: So McKay's nursery leader, Sister Beyler, is probably the world's most incredible nursery leader ever. When we asked what they sang in nursery today, he said "Child of God!". So, naturally, Rachel and I wanted him to sing it for us. He needed a bit of prompting, but overall did pretty well. The one part that made us lose it was the following line:

"Has given me a nursery home, with **mumble, mumble** Dear!"

So, Sister Beyler, if you are reading this, you have successfully indoctrinated our child with the importance of nursery!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

So darling! Wish I had him in my nursery!