Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ugly Sweater Party


Isn't it a fantastic idea? There are so many hideous holiday sweaters wandering around, why not have a party to celebrate them? Our friends, Kauti and Josh Nicholls did just that. Here are BJ and I in our versions. The sweater BJ is wearing is actually the sweater he picked up for me at Goodwill but it just worked so much better on him. You can't exactly see it, but the sweater is skin-tight and has miniature snow scenes all over it. Little barns and covered bridges--a tribute to my New England heritage.

Sierra, Kauti, and I in our versions of the ugly sweater. Mine is a little lame, I know, but I would never wear this out in public, so I figured it worked. After all, I had to give my sweater up to BJ...it was a selfless gesture. Just call me Mrs. Santa.


Trisha, Kate, and I. It was really hard to have serious conversations with people throughout the evening while wearing such horrible outfits. I just can't take someone seriously who is wearing a gigantic Snoopy on their chest.


Eric and BJ. They are such good friends. :)


BJ, posing in his winning sweater. Yes, of all the garish, awful outfits of the night, BJ was voted the owner of the Ugliest Sweater. Way to go honey! You make me proud!

His winnings included a Fruitcake log, reindeer antlers, a tacky Santa wall decoration, and a musical Christmas tie. Perfect for Nursery!

We also exchanged White Elephant gifts. BJ and I walked away with a $10 gift card and a mug with a sweet quote likening friends to bras. Brought tears to my eyes.

Our contributions to the gift exchange included 4 bottles of pickled peppers and a crab. Yes, it was alive and nearly scared the opener to death, especially since she mistook it for a scorpion.

That's right, don't forget to invite us to your next White Elephant party! You never know what you'll get!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Vermont 6 said...

What a riot - that's our son-in-law!! I hope BJ brings that lovely sweater home for Christmas, it will be the toast of the town! :) Sounds like lots of fun-any excuse to get together for Christmas is a great idea!!

Sarah said...

Fun! We just went to a White Elephant part last weekend too. So much fun. Reminds me of the good ole Singers days. Although I have to say - white elephants with all married people are a lot more fun (wink wink). Haha. Love the outfits!

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

I saw your little crab this morning!

Christy said...

Dear BJ,
Please don't ever wear that again. :)
-Stacy and Clinton

Kauti Nicholls said...

hey, stole one of your pics! tell bj I expect him to sport the tie sometime soon!!!

Bonnie said...

Um, Rachel, I don't think I can ever look at your husband the same way again.